It’s great that you’ve taken the time to make great content for your blog, but if no one ever sees it, it’s doing you no good. Here are five tips you can use to ensure that your content is something people are going to want to share.
1. Have a great headline. This is the users’ first impression. They will decide within two seconds if they wish to read your article. This is especially important when your content is being shared on social networks, as people do not have the ability to scan your article, so many times the headline is all they are going to see.
Your headline should instantly answer your users question, “What’s in it for me?” It should also be catchy and irresistible to click, and must always match the contents of the article. You never want to have a disconnect between the article and the headline.
2. Make your readers seem smarter to their friends. People love to share content that provides new information to their peers because they want to be known as, “someone that’s in the loop.” Be sure you have a fresh perspective on a subject and include some unique data if possible.
3. Add an eye-catching picture to your post. When persons “Like” your blog post via a social share button, a photo will automatically be taken from your site. Always take the time to select a photo that attracts attention. A blog post with a photo will get 50% more links and 100% more comments than one without. An engaging photo versus a generic photo can multiply this effect 10 times over.
4. Spread it to all your social networks. Many persons only stick to one network when spreading their content. Use a social media management tool like Hootsuite or Buffer that allows you to easily post to multiple social networks in a single session.
5. Give virality a push by using content-style ads. Having your content go viral sometimes requires a little push. Using content-style ads like Newsbullets® can help your blog post gain the momentum it needs to spread across the web. You can use these ads many times to give your post a little push, or to have a constant source of traffic coming to your site. You can just visit www.Adblade.com and get started with as little as $50.